GK Foods, one of the largest manufacturers and processors of food items in Jamaica, has an issue at its processing plant in Savanna-la-Mar, Westmoreland in Jamaica. The BOD, COD, TSS and Phosphates all exceed the local environmental regulatory authority standards.
Isratech Waterworks has designed a pretreatment and tertiary wastewater treatment plant, with a capacity to handle 300, to reduce all the BOD, COD, TSS and Phosphate levels to that of the standards set by local authorities.
Isratech Waterworks will provide a fully automatic containerized system to include the following:
- Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR)
- Flocculation and filtration to remove the phosphates
- Coagulation and sedimentation to remove the sludge
- Disinfection using chlorinators
- Feed pump, injection pump and backwash pump
- Equalization tank
- 40’ container